• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Police: He's not racist, he was just having "a really bad day"

tvstrip

I changed my middle-name to Freeones
Senate advances a bill addressing hate crimes targeting Asian-Americans
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/14/us/senate-anti-asian-american-hate-crimes.html

The bill, called the Covid-19 Hate Crimes Act, passed a procedural hurdle in a 92-to-6 vote, and a final vote is expected later this week.
So it was almost bi-partisan. Even McConnell backed it (noted his wife is Asian). It's a good step - let's see where this goes.

You're probably wondering then, who the hell would vote against this?
Six Republicans — Senators Tom Cotton of Arkansas, Ted Cruz of Texas, Josh Hawley of Missouri, Roger Marshall of Kansas, Rand Paul of Kentucky and Tommy Tuberville of Alabama — voted against advancing the bill.
Not to diminish the 5 other dipshits, but wow, Fucking Ted Cruz. Is there a dumb political move that he's not involved in?

gmase

Nattering Nabob of Negativism
Senate advances a bill addressing hate crimes targeting Asian-Americans
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/14/us/senate-anti-asian-american-hate-crimes.html

So it was almost bi-partisan. Even McConnell backed it (noted his wife is Asian). It's a good step - let's see where this goes.

You're probably wondering then, who the hell would vote against this?

Not to diminish the 5 other dipshits, but wow, Fucking Ted Cruz. Is there a dumb political move that he's not involved in?
That gang of 6 will be the Dipshit Caucus from this point forward. Marshall was a new one for me, but the other five are often on the wrong side of many things which would seem like an easy decision.

On a more positive front it does seem like the attacks have quieted down. I hope I'm right and also not jinxing anything. The high point of my anger was when the 65 year old Filipina woman got attacked while walking to church. She was just like my mother-in-law that does the same thing. Even way before the attacks my mother-in-law made money for herself being a nanny. She's a strong and independent lady but I am stronger and more independent and I made her allow me to drive her to her job instead of taking the bus. There was a murder on a corner(Sepulveda/Santa Monica) where she catches the bus home about 2 weeks after I decided to be her chauffeur. My word is law in our house and I protect my family well. They enjoy the security and stability. If I chose to use one of my firearms it would be to defend us from human garbage.

tvstrip

On a more positive front it does seem like the attacks have quieted down. .
I hate to sound pessimistic, but it could also just be a lack of media coverage/interest.
BLM got sustained coverage because of the ongoing & violent protests. Better or for worse, Asians tend not to resort to violent protests. Heck, it was just a big step to raise a fuss and complain about this on a national level. Anti-Asian racism related to COVID has been going on for over a year, and it was only last month it made front page news & politicians started taking notice.

I bet that if you saw Asian rioting and violent protests, it would still be in the news, and you would still be seeing reporting of more Anti-Asian racist incidents.

I hate to sound pessimistic, but it could also just be a lack of media coverage/interest.

The media is oftentimes looking for a new shiny toy to get fixated on. You could be right. A court case with race injected must take their breath away. They live to divide us.

I hope I am right and the attacks have halted for this time period. I know you hope the same.

xfire

New Twitter/X @cxffreeman
comply.jpg

I guess I spoke too soon. Here's the piece of shit Michael Vivona right here. He had a previous confrontation. This time he punched a 79 year old man and his 80 year old wife. I wish the cops could take a hunk of cactus to his rear end at the station house.

Elderly Korean couple attacked in park in California by same man who harassed Olympian Sakura Kokumai, police say
https://www.yahoo.com/news/elderly-korean-couple-attacked-park-031231726.html
CB0C9F1A0F4F456886EA9F5077F5662D.jpg

gmase

Josh Hawley wants to keep the government out of the statistical collection business. His attitude on hate crimes toward Asians is not known.
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/549802-hawley-votes-against-anti-asian-hate-crime-bill
https://www.kansascity.com/opinion/editorials/article250875344.html

After that vote, Hawley told reporters he was concerned the measure was "hugely open-ended" and that it "mandates all this data collection in expansive categories that the federal government will collect and maintain. It just, you know, the ability and power to define crimes, to define incidents going forward, and collect all that data, it just seemed hugely, hugely over broad,"

tvstrip

I'm pleasantly surprised that 5 of the dipshits changed their vote. It might be because they got their amendments in, or maybe they came to their senses (doubtful), but anyways. I felt they watered it down to the point where no one could possibly oppose it, but wow, I guess not.

"I want to see the numbers that Anti-Asian racist crimes are up
...but I oppose a bill that would give us the means to actually find those numbers"

It's like saying you don't think the US has a gun problem, but also don't want to allow the reporting of gun-related crimes.

tvstrip

...and we're back.

Charges Dropped Against Man Who Beat, Spit on 83-Year-Old Korean American Woman

Westchester County District Attorney’s Office dropped charges against Glenmore Nembhard, saying there was simply not enough evidence to indict him.
Toh waited for a day before filing a police report. She also refused medical assistance, saying she could not afford the bills.
I'm not blaming police here, but it's sad this was the reason for the delay. Also drives home the point that if we had all those Anti-Racist incidents caught on camera, imagine how many more are not.

gmase

While we're at it:
Indigenous woman says she was punched, told to 'go back to Asia' while walking in East Vancouver

If you're going to be a racist piece of shit, at least get your fucking victims right.
Racists (bullies of any sort) don't have that kind of time to contemplate what they're doing. They see someone different, get triggered, and feel the need to express their ignorance publicly. The irony of being triggered by someone different doesn't even come to them when they complain about 'liberals' or 'snowflakes' getting triggered.

Toh waited for a day before filing a police report. She also refused medical assistance, saying she could not afford the bills.

One needs to be defensive when using healthcare in the US with poor, high deductible, or non-existent healthcare. If you break an ankle walking down the street, then it is better to 'take a cab' to the ER. Don't let anyone call an ambulance for you. You are correct - that is sad.

Well I am not Asian or any other minority but since my body has begun to deteriorate I have seriously considered a Sword Cane.

Would that be better than pepper spray? Pepper spray works darn good on most people. Dick kick 'em afterward if you like.

It may be good to keep a sword cane for a feeling of security too. Just remember, like a gun, you don't pull it out unless you are willing to use it. Can you take another man's life?

My wife asked me about a gun. We had a discussion running possible scenarios and she agreed she was better off with pepper spray. She cannot take another person's life so a better option is to stop the attacker and to flee.

You're a good guy, bubb. Stay safe out there and be alert.

Last edited: