• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Scientists and the .........................!

akayy

Why was my picture deleted?
The following are some comments of scientists[1] on the scientific miracles in the Holy Quran.

1) Dr. T. V. N. Persaud is Professor of Anatomy, Professor of Pediatrics and Child Health, and Professor of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Sciences at the University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. There, he was the Chairman of the Department of Anatomy for 16 years. He is well-known in his field. He is the author or editor of 22 textbooks and has published over 181 scientific papers. In 1991, he received the most distinguished award presented in the field of anatomy in Canada, the J.C.B. Grant Award from the Canadian Association of Anatomists. When he was asked about the scientific miracles in the Quran which he has researched, he stated the following:

“The way it was explained to me is that Muhammad was a very ordinary man. He could not read, didn’t know [how] to write. In fact, he was an illiterate. And we’re talking about twelve [actually about fourteen] hundred years ago. You have someone illiterate making profound pronouncements and statements and that are amazingly accurate about scientific nature. And I personally can’t see how this could be a mere chance. There are too many accuracies and, like Dr. Moore, I have no difficulty in my mind that this is a divine inspiration or revelation which led him to these statements.”

Professor Persaud has included some Quranic verses and sayings of the Prophet Muhammad, may the mercy and blessings of God be upon him, in some of his books. He has also presented these verses and sayings of the Prophet Muhammad at several conferences.

2) Dr. Joe Leigh Simpson is the Chairman of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology, and Professor of Molecular and Human Genetics at the Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA. Formerly, he was Professor of Ob-Gyn and the Chairman of the Department of Ob-Gyn at the University of Tennessee, Memphis, Tennessee, USA. He was also the President of the American Fertility Society. He has received many awards, including the Association of Professors of Obstetrics and Gynecology Public Recognition Award in 1992. Professor Simpson studied the following two sayings of the Prophet Muhammad:

“In every one of you, all components of your creation are collected together in your mother’s womb by forty days...”[2]

“If forty-two nights have passed over the embryo, God sends an angel to it, who shapes it and creates its hearing, vision, skin, flesh, and bones....”[3]

He studied these two sayings of the Prophet Muhammad extensively, noting that the first forty days constitute a clearly distinguishable stage of embryo-genesis. He was particularly impressed by the absolute precision and accuracy of those sayings of the Prophet Muhammad. Then, during one conference, he gave the following opinion:

“So that the two hadeeths (the sayings of the Prophet Muhammad) that have been noted provide us with a specific time table for the main embryological development before forty days. Again, the point has been made, I think, repeatedly by other speakers this morning: these hadeeths could not have been obtained on the basis of the scientific knowledge that was available [at] the time of their writing . . . . It follows, I think, that not only there is no conflict between genetics and religion but, in fact, religion can guide science by adding revelation to some of the traditional scientific approaches, that there exist statements in the Quran shown centuries later to be valid, which support knowledge in the Quran having been derived from God.”

3) Dr. E. Marshall Johnson is Professor Emeritus of Anatomy and Developmental Biology at Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA. There, for 22 years he was Professor of Anatomy, the Chairman of the Department of Anatomy, and the Director of the Daniel Baugh Institute. He was also the President of the Teratology Society. He has authored more than 200 publications. In 1981, during the Seventh Medical Conference in Dammam, Saudi Arabia, Professor Johnson said in the presentation of his research paper:

“Summary: The Quran describes not only the development of external form, but emphasizes also the internal stages, the stages inside the embryo, of its creation and development, emphasizing major events recognized by contemporary science.”

Also he said: “As a scientist, I can only deal with things which I can specifically see. I can understand embryology and developmental biology. I can understand the words that are translated to me from the Quran. As I gave the example before, if I were to transpose myself into that era, knowing what I knew today and describing things, I could not describe the things which were described. I see no evidence for the fact to refute the concept that this individual, Muhammad, had to be developing this information from some place. So I see nothing here in conflict with the concept that divine intervention was involved in what he was able to write.

4) Dr. William W. Hay is a well-known marine scientist. He is Professor of Geological Sciences at the University of Colorado, Boulder, Colorado, USA. He was formerly the Dean of the Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science at the University of Miami, Miami, Florida, USA. After a discussion with Professor Hay about the Quran’s mention of recently discovered facts on seas, he said:

“I find it very interesting that this sort of information is in the ancient scriptures of the Holy Quran, and I have no way of knowing where they would come from, but I think it is extremely interesting that they are there and that this work is going on to discover it, the meaning of some of the passages.” And when he was asked about the source of the Quran, he replied: “Well, I would think it must be the divine being.”

5) Dr. Gerald C. Goeringer is Course Director and Associate Professor of Medical Embryology at the Department of Cell Biology, School of Medicine, Georgetown University, Washington, DC, USA. During the Eighth Saudi Medical Conference in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, Professor Goeringer stated the following in the presentation of his research paper:

“In a relatively few aayahs (Quranic verses) is contained a rather comprehensive description of human development from the time of commingling of the gametes through organogenesis. No such distinct and complete record of human development, such as classification, terminology, and description, existed previously. In most, if not all, instances, this description antedates by many centuries the recording of the various stages of human embryonic and fetal development recorded in the traditional scientific literature.”

6) Dr. Yoshihide Kozai is Professor Emeritus at Tokyo University, Hongo, Tokyo, Japan, and was the Director of the National Astronomical Observatory, Mitaka, Tokyo, Japan. He said:

“I am very much impressed by finding true astronomical facts in [the] Quran, and for us the modern astronomers have been studying very small pieces of the universe. We’ve concentrated our efforts for understanding of [a] very small part. Because by using telescopes, we can see only very few parts [of] the sky without thinking [about the] whole universe. So, by reading [the] Quran and by answering to the questions, I think I can find my future way for investigation of the universe.”

7) Professor Tejatat Tejasen is the Chairman of the Department of Anatomy at Chiang Mai University, Chiang Mai, Thailand. Previously, he was the Dean of the Faculty of Medicine at the same university. During the Eighth Saudi Medical Conference in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, Professor Tejasen stood up and said:

“During the last three years, I became interested in the Quran . . . . From my study and what I have learned from this conference, I believe that everything that has been recorded in the Quran fourteen hundred years ago must be the truth, that can be proved by the scientific means. Since the Prophet Muhammad could neither read nor write, Muhammad must be a messenger who relayed this truth, which was revealed to him as an enlightenment by the one who is eligible [as the] creator.

This creator must be God. Therefore, I think this is the time to say La ilaha illa Allah, there is no god to worship except Allah (God), Muhammadur rasoolu Allah, Muhammad is Messenger (Prophet) of Allah (God). Lastly, I must congratulate for the excellent and highly successful arrangement for this conference . . . . I have gained not only from the scientific point of view and religious point of view but also the great chance of meeting many well-known scientists and making many new friends among the participants. The most precious thing of all that I have gained by coming to this place is La ilaha illa Allah, Muhammadur rasoolu Allah, and to have become a Muslim.”

After all these examples we have seen about the scientific miracles in the Holy Quran and all these scientists’ comments on this, let us ask ourselves these questions:

• Could it be a coincidence that all this recently discovered scientific information from different fields was mentioned in the Quran, which was revealed fourteen centuries ago?

• Could this Quran have been authored by Muhammad, may the mercy and blessings of God be upon him, or by any other human being?

The only possible answer is that this Quran must be the literal word of God, revealed by Him.
The Quran and Modern Science full Zakir naik youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFO4G7zXlUI

Connor Macleod

I'm too lazy to set a usertitle.
Normally, I stay away from these kinds of "discussions" - but - oh my "Allah", you are delusional!

Science and religion do not mix. Not with the Quran, not with the Bible, not with any religion.

I'm not saying God, or Allah, or whatever, does not exist. The fact is - religion is about faith, not science.

As for YouTube, I suggest you go there and search for Neil deGrasse Tyson and his views on science and religion. I am in no way a fan of Mr. Tyson, but his lectures on science vs religion are brilliant.

akayy

Your words are wrong Because

Science and Islam are intimately linked. Islam not only places a high premium on science but positively encourages the pursuit of science. Indeed, Islam considers science as an essential prerequisite for human survival.

This sounds odd. We normally think of religion as inimically hostile to science. Wasn’t there a long and protracted war between science and Christianity? Did the Church not prosecute Galileo? But this ‘war’ between ‘science’ and ‘religion’ was purely a western affair. There is no counterpart of such mutual hostilities in Islam.
On the contrary, Islam encouraged the pursuit of scientific knowledge right from its inception. The Prophet Muhammad – who himself could not read or write – emphasised that the material world can only be understood through scientific inquiry. Islamic culture, he insisted, was a knowledge based culture. He valued science over extensive worship and declared: ‘An hour’s study of nature is better than a year’s prayer’. This is why he directed his followers to ‘listen to the words of the scientist and instil unto others the lessons of science’ and ‘go even as far as China in the quest of knowledge’.

The Quran, which the Muslims believe to be the very Word of God and clearly distinguish it from the words of Prophet Muhammad, places immense emphasis on scientific knowledge. The first Quranic word revealed to Muhammad is ‘Read’. It refers, amongst other forms of readings, to reading the ‘signs of God’ or the systematic study of nature. It is a basic tenet of Muslim belief that the material world is full of signs of God; and these signs

can only be deciphered through rational and objective inquiry. Almost one third of the Quran is devoted to the praise of scientific knowledge, objective inquiry and serious study of the material world. ‘Acquire the knowledge of all things’, the Quran advises its readers; and pray: ‘God increase me in my knowledge’. One of the most frequently cited verses of the Quran reads: “Surely in the heavens and earth there are signs for the believers; and in your creation, and the crawling things He scatters abroad, there are signs for a people having sure faith, and in the alternation of night and day, and the provision God sends down from heaven, and therewith revives the earth after it is dead, and the turning about of the winds, there are signs for a people who understand” (45:3-5).

So science and Islam are, and should be, natural bed fellows. It was the religious impulse that propelled science in Muslim civilisation during the classical period, from the eighth to the fifteenth centuries. It is the neglect of science that has plunged the contemporary Muslim world in poverty and underdevelopment. The revival of Islam and the consequent emergence of a modern Islamic culture require a serious infusion of the scientific spirit in Muslim societies.

We can see a clear demonstration of the close relationship between Islam and science in early Muslim history. The initial drive for scientific knowledge was based on religious requirements. The need for determining accurate time for daily prayers and the direction of Mecca from anywhere in the Muslim world, establishing the correct date for the start of the fasting month of Ramadan and the demands of the lunar Islamic calendar (which required seeing the new moon clearly) led to intense interest in celestial mechanics, optical and atmospheric physics, and spherical trigonometry. Muslim laws of inheritance led to the development of algebra. The religious requirement of annual pilgrimage to Mecca generated intense interest in geography, map making and navigational tools.

Given the special emphasis Islam placed on learning and inquiry, and the great responsibility that Muslim states took on themselves to assist in this endeavour, it was natural for Muslims to master ancient knowledge. At the instigation of power patrons, teams of translators lovingly translated Greek thought and learning into Arabic. But Muslims were not content with slavishly copying Greek knowledge; they tried to assimilate their teachings and applied their principles to their own problems, discovering new principles and methods. Scholars such as al-Kindi, al-Farabi, ibn Sina, ibn Tufayl and ibn Rushd subjected Greek philosophy to detailed critical scrutiny.

At the same time, serious attention was given to the empirical study of nature. Experimental science, as we understand it today, began in Muslim civilisation. ‘Scientific method’ evolved out of the work of such scientists as Jabir ibn Hayan, who laid the foundations of chemistry in the late eighth century, and ibn al-Haytham, who established optics as an experimental science in the tenth century. From astronomy to zoology, there was hardly a field of study that Muslim scientists did not pursue vigorously or make an original contribution to. The nature and extent of this scientific enterprise can be illustrated with four institutions which are considered typical of ‘the Golden Age of Islam’: scientific libraries, universities, hospitals and instruments for scientific observation (particularly, astronomical instruments such as celestial globes, astrolabes, sundials and observatories).

The most famous library was the ‘House of Wisdom’, founded in Baghdad by the Abbasid Caliph al-Mamun, which played a decisive role in spreading scientific knowledge throughout the Islamic empire. In Spain, the library of Caliph Hakam II of Cordoba had a stock of 400,000 volumes. Similar libraries existed from Cairo and Damascus to as far off as Samarkand and Bukhara. The first university in the world was established at the Al-Azhar mosque in Cairo in 970. It was followed by a host of other universities in such cities as Fez and Timbuktu. Like universities,

hospitals – where treatment was mostly provided free of charge – too were institutions for training and theoretical and empirical research. The Abodi hospital in Baghdad and the Kabir an-Nuri hospital in Damascus acquired world-wide reputations for their research output. Doctors were entirely free to experiment and prescribe new drugs and treatment; and wrote up their experiments in special reports which were available for public scrutiny. Many basic surgical instruments used today were first developed by Muslim doctors. Similarly, there were a string of observatories dotted throughout the Muslim world; the most influential one was established by the celebrated astronomer Nasir al-Din al-Tusi, who developed the ‘Tusi couple’ which helped Copernicus to formulate his theory, at Maragha in Azerbaijan.

All this is, of course, in stark contrast to the situation of science and technology in the Muslim world today. Apart from the notable exception of Abdus Salam, the Pakistani Noble Laureate, Muslim societies have hardly produced scientists of international repute. Scientific research has a very low priority in most Muslim states. Whatever happened to what the historian of science, George Sarton described as ‘the miracle of Arab culture’? And what can be done to reignite the flame of scientific spirit in Muslim societies?

Numerous theories have been developed to explain the decline of science in Muslim civilisation. Blame has been placed on Islamic law, family relationships and lack of protestant ethics in Muslim culture. Even Islam itself, seen as ‘anti-progressive’ and ‘anti-science’, has been blamed. None of these theories are credible. The brutal fact is that Muslims, consciously and deliberately, abandoned scientific inquiry in favour of religious obscurantism and blind imitation.

The driving force behind the scientific spirit of Muslim civilisation was the notion of ijtihad or systematic original thinking, a fundamental component of the worldview of Islam. The religious scholars, a dominant class in Muslim society, feared that continuous and perpetual ijtihad would undermine their power. They were also concerned that scientists and philosophers had a higher prestige in society than religious scholars. So they banded together and closed ‘the gates of ijtihad‘; the way forward, they suggested, was taqlid, or imitation of the thought and work of earlier generations of scholars. Ostensibly, this was a religious move. But given the fact that Islam is a highly integrated worldview, that in Islam everything is connected to everything else, it had a devastating impact on all forms of inquiry.

https://www.plainislam.com/in-depth/islam-and-science/

Why do Non Muslim Scientists Accept Science but do not Accept the Qur’an which Speaks about Science?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PJ--0nD2EI

Science students in america convert to islam​

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFfRSUZU5dU

Connor Macleod

Do everyone a favor and look up the definition of brevity. No one will take you seriously when your response is the size of a term paper.

I don't even have the patience to read all of that nonsense.

gmase

Nattering Nabob of Negativism
The following are some comments of scientists[1] on the scientific miracles in the Holy Quran.

2) Dr. Joe Leigh Simpson is the Chairman of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology, and Professor of Molecular and Human Genetics at the Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA. Formerly, he was Professor of Ob-Gyn and the Chairman of the Department of Ob-Gyn at the University of Tennessee, Memphis, Tennessee, USA. He was also the President of the American Fertility Society. He has received many awards, including the Association of Professors of Obstetrics and Gynecology Public Recognition Award in 1992. Professor Simpson studied the following two sayings of the Prophet Muhammad:

“In every one of you, all components of your creation are collected together in your mother’s womb by forty days...”[2]

“If forty-two nights have passed over the embryo, God sends an angel to it, who shapes it and creates its hearing, vision, skin, flesh, and bones....”[3]

He studied these two sayings of the Prophet Muhammad extensively, noting that the first forty days constitute a clearly distinguishable stage of embryo-genesis. He was particularly impressed by the absolute precision and accuracy of those sayings of the Prophet Muhammad. Then, during one conference, he gave the following opinion:

“So that the two hadeeths (the sayings of the Prophet Muhammad) that have been noted provide us with a specific time table for the main embryological development before forty days. Again, the point has been made, I think, repeatedly by other speakers this morning: these hadeeths could not have been obtained on the basis of the scientific knowledge that was available [at] the time of their writing . . . . It follows, I think, that not only there is no conflict between genetics and religion but, in fact, religion can guide science by adding revelation to some of the traditional scientific approaches, that there exist statements in the Quran shown centuries later to be valid, which support knowledge in the Quran having been derived from God.”

Do everyone a favor and look up the definition of brevity. No one will take you seriously when your response is the size of a term paper.

I don't even have the patience to read all of that nonsense.
I will be brief Connor.

Dr. Joe Leigh Simpson: I made some comments that sound "silly and embarrassing" taken out of context.
This article discusses the affair further: https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB1011738146332966760

akayy

some one told me

I converted to islam last month and it was the best decision of my life. Read the Quran and see for yourself. Islam is soon to be the most numerous and followed religion in the world and that itself was even stated in the Quran. Still think its a coincidence? Okay, now find me an old ancient book (1400 years old) that speaks about how the human embryo was made. Or how the two seas do not mix in a complete separate flow? From the universe and its expansion from everything from H to O? How many chromosomes each human being has? The sex of the baby? How the earth itself is egg shaped? The big bang? This is not a coincidence, this was all proven by scientist today but was writrten in the Quran more than a thousand years ago…

This is the aim of the scientific miracle, to see in the Qur'an this symmetry in every thing and not to find any disturbance, mistake or contrast. That is because those are the characteristics of the book of Allah (Exalted is He). Whereas the books written by people however their writers write them perfectly, they still have contrast, disturbance or mistake.

The greatest evidence of the truth of this qur'anic fact is that the scientists started to change their cosmic terms, for example they change the term “space” to “building”. Thus they have discovered that they are mistaken in using this term so they left it and used what is more accurate and correct after their discovery of the dark matter.

But the Qur'an, which is descended by Allah Who knows the secrets of Heavens and Earth, has given us the accurate expression directly. Thus Allah has described his book saying: "Untruth does not come up to it before (Literally: between its two hands) it nor from behind it; a successive sending down from (One) Ever-Wise, Ever-Praiseworthy". Surat Fussilat (Expounded) verse no.42

Debate: Dr. Zakir Naik vs. Dr William Campbell -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOD2KXXzsjM

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.

Connor Macleod

I converted to islam last month and it was the best decision of my life...
Good for you.

I'm not knocking your religion, only your misguided beliefs about science in relation to your religion (or any religion for that matter).

1000 years ago the intellectual center of the world was Baghdad. Many scientific discoveries happened there and then, all while the Catholic church was busy slaughtering "heretics".

When Baghdad was sacked in 1258, all that changed. Muslims started to turn towards the repressive teachings of Al-Ghazali. As a result, the "sciences" became demonized and that culture is largely still intact.

The Catholic church eventually lost their battles of trying to control the masses thru fear and intimidation, and science rose to new heights.

I find it laughable when someone tries to use Science as a way to prove the validity of a religion.

The only thing worse is when someone tries to use science as a way to dis-prove the validity of a religion.

It's all about faith. You either have it, or you don't, and trying to use science to support religious beliefs makes me question if that person truly has faith.

akayy

There are scholars who believe in the Qur’an, its linguistic beauty, and its unique structure, with which God challenged Arab poets to produce a single chapter like the Qur’an, but they were unable to do so.

These scholars also believe in the unity of the cohesion of the Qur’an and that it has not changed for 1400 years. Also, the Qur’an is a book of guidance for humanity and a solution to the problems of society that modern systems have failed to solve.

And I respect this group of scholars because they believed like Muslims without scientific evidence

There are scholars who love scientific miracles in the Qur’an and discover them according to their specialization and explain them to non-Muslims accused of scientific evidence

I respect this class of scholars as well

All of that is good as long as they are guided to the true religion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RU7dAwMIH4w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXPpUjW5zRY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRZDPtNmO84

akayy

Prophet Muḥammad's personality was very simple, compassionate and loving towards others. This human aspect did not stem from his abstract human personality, but rather from the fact that he was a human being chosen by Allah to bear the responsibility of prophethood. Allah therefore purified him, taught him and sent him as a mercy to the world.

However, the human aspect of the Prophet – blessings and peace be upon him – is clearly observable in the various situations of his life. We find it in his behavior towards his family members. It has never been reported in Islamic traditions that he was violent towards his family. On the contrary, he devoted part of his time to the service of his family, helping them with the various domestic tasks. In addition, he allowed them to attend Fridays and feasts, and he even held running competitions with them.

The Messenger of Allah loved servants and workers, and treated them well. He recommended to his companions, and to Muslims in general, that they be benevolent towards servants and slaves.

The human aspect of the Prophet was not limited to his entourage, he behaved in the same way with his enemies and on the battlefields.

During his greatest victory, when the Prophet retook Makkah and his Quraysh enemies were defeated and surrendered to him, he entered it humbly, with his head bowed, without vengeance or bloodshed. He granted complete forgiveness to his enemies simply and unconditionally surrendering. Moreover, in his battles, the Prophet advised Muslims not to kill children, women and old people, in this connection, he recommended them thus: "Do not kill an old man, a young child or a woman ".

The tenderness of the Prophet was not limited to humans, but also extended to include animals who are unable to express their pain and needs. He urged his companions to be kind to animals, telling them the story of the man who took pity on a thirsty dog and presented it with water. So Allah forgave him and admitted him to paradise.

A careful examination of the life of the Prophet - blessings and peace be upon him - shows us that he suffered persecution and injustice in Mecca; however, he was not swayed by the cruelty he experienced, and he had no unbridled desire to seek revenge on those who wronged him.

Such is the personality of the Prophet peace be upon him – the human being who changed the face of the world, a simple, merciful and great personality.

A young man converts to Islam after being convinced of the arguments of Muhammad Ali
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=St3s088JoqE

A British young man converts to Islam after being convinced by Shamsi's arguments
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-JD71iwq_c

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
Why don't you write a nice little post, denouncing all of the acts of terrorist violence radical muslims commit? In fact, why don't you denounce it? Radical Christians can be a gigantic pain in the ass, but very few of them, outside of the right to life zealots commit violent acts in the name of Christ. At least they've evolved into political pains in the ass, and not walking bombs.

You do you, believe what you want, this country was founded on religious freedoms, I would like to suggest to moderation, that this thread be titles differently, to reflect the islamic propaganda, and agenda, so that those it find it's idylls unpleasant, know what they're getting into before they click the thread.

akayy

It is absurd to pay attention to the content of the Zionist media that distorts the image of Islam and describes Muslims as terrorism

And some misguided groups that attribute themselves to Islam, like ISIS, kill Muslims and non-Muslims alike.

Not to mention the agents of the East who have affiliated themselves with the West to ruin the reputation of Islam and Muslim countries

As I said, it's not only in the East, but also in the West
Staying away from the application of Islamic law is not good for humanity
Unjust rulers who corrupt the land and oppress the people for their personal interests are the root cause of injustice, tyranny and loss of people's rights.

You are only affected by fake news about Muslims in the media

Most of Western writers, especially under the influence of the Church, have never failed to accuse Islam of spreading by force of the sword. The causes of this prejudice lie mainly in the fact that the spread of Islam has often occurred at the expense of Christianity. While Islam has, for centuries, obtained numerous conversions from Christianity without much effort or organized missionary activities, Christianity has almost never been able to achieve conversions from Islam in spite of sophisticated means and well-organized missionary activities, and it has always been at a disadvantage in its competition with Islam for fourteen centuries. This has caused its missionaries and most of the orientalists to develop a complex within themselves by depicting Islam and introducing it as a regressive, vulgar religion of savage people. The same attitude has unfortunately maintained toward the Holy Prophet of Islam. This is clear in the confessions of some unbiased writers of the West:

Muslims, according to the principles of their faith, they have been tolerating other religions for some centuries past. The Christians have not been given orders to do anything but preach and instruct, yet, despite this, from time immemorial they have been exterminating by fire and sword all those who are not of their religion […] We may feel certain that if Western Christians, instead of the Saracens and the Turks, had won the dominion over Asia, there would be today not a trace left of the Greek Church, and that they would never have tolerated Muhammadanism as the 'infidels' have tolerated Christianity there. We (Christians) enjoy the fine advantage of being far better versed than others in the art of killing, bombarding and exterminating the Human Race.

Islam is indebted its unequaled spread to its religious content and values, which is confessed by all objective Western intellectuals:

The more important factor for the spread of Islam is religious law of Islam (Sharee'ah which is an inclusive, all-embracing, all-comprehensive way of thinking and living) which was designed to cover all manifestations of life.

When the Muslims ruled Europe - BBC Documentary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5vuTpN4WUI

akayy

There was a cruel oppressive tribal leader named Abu Jahl who lived during the time of Prophet Muhammad, may the mercy and blessings of God be upon him. God revealed a verse of the Quran to warn him:

“No Indeed! If he does not stop, We will seize him by the forehead, his lying, sinful forehead.” (Quran 96:15-16)

God does not call this person a liar, but calls his forehead (the front part of the brain) ‘lying’ and ‘sinful’, and warns him to stop.

This verse is significant for two reasons. The first is that the front part of our brain is responsible for voluntary movement

This is known as the frontal lobe. A book titled ‘Essentials of Anatomy and Physiology’ which includes the results of research on the functions of this area states: The motivation and the foresight to plan and initiate movements occur in the anterior portion of the frontal lobes, the prefrontal area. The part of the brain that is responsible for movement is said to be seized if the man does not stop.

Secondly, numerous studies have shown that this same region (frontal lobe) is responsible for the lying function of the brain. One such study at the University of Pennsylvania in which volunteers were asked questions during a computerized interrogation, it was found that when the volunteers were lying there was significantly increased activity in the prefrontal and premotor cortices (frontal lobe region)

The front part of the brain is responsible for movement and lying. The Quran links movement and lying to this area. These functions of the frontal lobe were discovered with medical imaging equipment which was developed in the 20th century.
The Qur'an and The Frontal Lobes of the Brain by Dr Keith L. Moore
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TK9sQHJFAtM
MUST SEE! Scientific Facts in the Qur'an - Lying & Sinning
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJX5XKhd8xo

gmase

Nattering Nabob of Negativism
would like to suggest to moderation, that this thread be titles differently, to reflect the islamic propaganda, and agenda, so that those it find it's idylls unpleasant, know what they're getting into before they click the thread.
Good point. The thread has nothing to do with scientists or science anymore.

Let's ignore the multiple wives, slaves, etc.

akayy

The topic is really about scientific miracles in the Qur'an

But I don't mind if readers ask me anything about Islam

We welcome those who want to learn about Islam

Or correct misconceptions about Islam

1-
Polygyny:

we can say that polygamy is allowed in the Old Testament, that countless Prophets and pious men practiced it. If the ban had been a divine ordinance, then it is astonishing that the most prestigious of men in the Bible practiced it.
The teachings of Christ also do not argue for the prohibition of polygamy, even if the Church does not teach it. There is no text in the New Testament that would ban this practice. Paul restricted monogamous marriage only to bishops.

“Gideon had seventy sons from him, for he had many wives. His concubine, who was in Shechem, also bore him a son, whose name was called Abimelech. "(Judges 8,30-31

it is common for a man to have mistresses and / or several extra-marital affairs. In these cases, the woman involved leads a dishonorable and unstable life. Ironically, this same society is unable to accept that a man chooses polygyny, in which women maintain a dignified and honorable position in society and lead stable lives.

Polygyny is one of the most questioned principles that Islam grants men and women. Indeed, many people wrongfully accuse Islam of injustice because it allows a man to have up to four wives. Nevertheless, like every instruction in the Quran, polygyny has a reason. You see, Islam is a practical religion that acknowledges the needs and temptations of human beings and provides laws that deal with them, thus preserving harmony and morality.

- Polygyny might be the solution for a couple if the wife is barren, the husband wants children of his own and the option of separation does not appeal to both parties.

- If a woman is chronically ill and is unable to perform her marital duties. Polygyny may also be the solution when the couple does not want divorce.

- Polygyny is the religion's answer to cases where some men have excessive sexual needs that cannot be fulfilled by one wife. This in no way means that men should abuse this right and use it whenever they fancy a woman. It is rather a chance Islam has provided to prevent men from committing adultery. Many people who condemn polygyny cheat on their wives, calling this phenomenon a 'swift affair.' Islam, at least, has offered the second woman the option of being called 'a wife' rather than 'a mistress', especially in some countries where women remarkably outnumber men.

- Polygyny may settle the problem of an increased number of unmarried women, especially during wars.

However, polygyny has some limits and conditions to be met. Indeed, the Quran instructs the man to be fair with his wives on all levels, including treatment, money, house, etc. The only level where the man may have an uneven stance is the level of the feelings that he cannot control:

The Quran says (what means): "You will never be able to do perfect justice between wives even if it is your ardent desire, so do not incline too much to one of them [by giving her more of your time and provision] so as to leave the other hanging [i.e. neither divorced nor married]. And if you do justice, and do all that is right and fear Allaah by keeping away from all that is wrong, then Allaah is Ever-Forgiving and All-Merciful." [Quran 4:129]

Finally, it is worth knowing that Islam gives a woman the right to refuse polygyny for her husband by setting it as a condition during the marriage procedures. If this condition is set, then the woman is granted divorce if her husband marries another while he is still married to her.

Why is Polygyny allowed in Islam? - Dr Zakir Naik​

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axOIgrL4M_s

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

2-

slaves,

Islam gradually freed slaves until slavery ended

That is because slavery is well established in Judaism and Christianity,
Islam came, and slavery was a recognized system in all parts of the world. Rather, it was an economic and social currency in circulation, and no one denounced it, and no one thought about the possibility of changing it. Therefore, changing or erasing this system was a matter that required a very gradual and long time

Islam offers many opportunities to restore freedom to people

One of the means of liberating slaves is allocating a portion of zakaah funds to freeing slaves; the expiation for accidental killing, zihaar (a jaahili form of divorce that is forbidden), breaking vows and having intercourse during the day in Ramadaan, is to free a slave. In addition to that, Muslims are also encouraged in general terms to free slaves for the sake of Allaah.

When Islam came, there were many causes of slavery, such as warfare, debt (where if the debtor could not pay off his debt, he became a slave), kidnapping and raids, and poverty and need.

Slavery did not spread in this appalling manner throughout all continents except by means of kidnapping; rather the main source of slaves in Europe and America in later centuries was this method.

The texts of Islam took a strong stance against this. It says in a hadeeth qudsi: “Allaah, may He be exalted, said: ‘There are three whose opponent I will be on the Day of Resurrection, and whomever I oppose, I will defeat … A man who sold a free man and consumed his price.’” Narrated by al-Bukhaari (2227).

It is worth pointing out that you do not find any text in the Qur’aan or Sunnah which enjoins taking others as slaves, whereas there are dozens of texts in the Qur’aan and the ahaadeeth of the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) which call for manumitting slaves and freeing them.

There were many sources of slaves at the time of the advent of Islam, whereas the means of manumitting them were virtually nil. Islam changed the way in which slavery was dealt with; it created many new ways of liberating slaves, blocked many ways of enslaving people, and established guidelines which blocked these means.

Islam and Slavery - By Dr. Zakir Naik
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-15no-m0jn4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vz5i_oxvIw4

Connor Macleod

And, I'm back. I just couldn't ignore the nonsensical diarrhea coming from you.

Sharee'ah which is an inclusive, all-embracing, all-comprehensive way of thinking and living) which was designed to cover all manifestations of life.
You forgot Barbaric - Do you think amputating a limb for theft is justice?

Christianity has almost never been able to achieve conversions from Islam...
Because under Sharee'ah law, the punishment for conversion to another religion is death.

Muslims, according to the principles of their faith, they have been tolerating other religions for some centuries past. The Christians have not been given orders to do anything but preach and instruct, yet, despite this, from time immemorial they have been exterminating by fire and sword all those who are not of their religion.
The crusades ended in 1291.

Finally, it is worth knowing that Islam gives a woman the right to refuse polygyny for her husband by setting it as a condition during the marriage procedures. If this condition is set, then the woman is granted divorce if her husband marries another while he is still married to her.
You forgot the part where a woman can divorce ONLY if the husband gives her his consent.

akayy

Don't judge of Islam
Without studying Islam

1-

I like to emphasize that amputating a hand for a theft crime doesn't involve who robs to fulfill basic needs;

The punishment of cutting the hands of a thief is suspended to the needy at the time of famine. It also doesn’t apply to the ones who steal to eat.

governments are liable to offer reasonable and comprehensive necessities. However, the punishment of a theft offense in Sharia does implement when someone commits the crime due to a natural proclivity to corruption like those who can afford an appropriate life and then thieve public money or entitlement funds.

The label “inhumane and barbaric” is a relative term. What appears inhumane and barbaric to some is okay to others. For example, in my opinion throwing two atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki to burn millions of innocent civilians is much more inhumane and barbaric than cutting the hand of a thief. Overall, World Wars I and II were so inhumane and barbaric.

and the crucifixion of an innocent without guilt is more frightening than cutting off the hand of an erring thief

Only thieves should worry about the punishment. Honest people have nothing to worry about.

Why do Christians not agree to the punishment for cutting off a thief’s hand, even though it is found in the Bible (Deut. 11:25)?

“You criticize the punishment for cutting off a thief’s hand in Islam. Do you not know that you have a punishment for cutting off a hand?
But it is specific to woman when she hold and presses the reminder member
To a foreign man about her
During his fight with her husband (Deut 25:11) "(1).

A: In Deuteronomy, it says, "If two men quarrel with each other , and a woman approaches one of them
In order to rid her husband of him
when she hold and presses the reminder member
For a man who quarrels with her husband

cut off her hand
”(Deuteronomy 11:11, 12)

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

2-

Whoever leaves Islam must be killed.

False in the vast majority of cases. True under certain conditions.

in the Qur’an kill the apostate in one case, which is

The state of war when this person joins the enemy and reveals the secrets of his country to the enemies and exposes people to occupation and killing

A verse : “There is no compulsion in Faith. The correct way has become distinct from the erroneous. Now, whoever rejects the Tāghūt (the Rebel, the Satan) and believes in Allah has a firm grasp on the strongest ring that never breaks. Allah is All-Hearing, All-Knowing. "(Quran, 2: 256)

Another "And had your Lord willed, those on earth would have believed - all of them entirely. Then, [O Muḥammad], would you compel the people in order that they become believers? (Quran, 10:99)

In the exceptional case that we are in a situation of war, this is absolutely true, because whoever leaves his religion is guilty of treason in the eyes of an entire community and threatens the safety of many people. And in all the societies that have existed on this planet, not just in Islam, the traitors have always received the heaviest sentences.

“It is impossible that an individual who studies the personality of the great Prophet of the Arabs, how he lived and educated the people, does not feel a deep esteem and a great respect for this honorable Prophet, one of the great Messengers of 'Allah'

The apostate is punished with death!
in the bible

2 If a man or woman living among you in one of the towns the Lord gives you is found doing evil in the eyes of the Lord your God in violation of his covenant, 3 and contrary to my command has worshiped other gods, bowing down to them or to the sun or the moon or the stars in the sky, 4 and this has been brought to your attention, then you must investigate it thoroughly. If it is true and it has been proved that this detestable thing has been done in Israel, 5 take the man or woman who has done this evil deed to your city gate and stone that person to death. 6 On the testimony of two or three witnesses a person is to be put to death, but no one is to be put to death on the testimony of only one witness. 7 The hands of the witnesses must be the first in putting that person to death, and then the hands of all the people. You must purge the evil from among you.
” (Deuteronomy 17,2-7)

The Annotated Bible (Deuteronomy 17,2) says this:

17.2 2 to 7 Attempt to introduce idolatry.

This case, already assumed at 13.6-11, is repeated here from the point of view of the procedure to be followed. It is developed at length, for the reason that the penalty to be applied is death.

We note that whoever turns to another religion must be immediately killed according to the order of God, without any distinction whether he is male or female! By worshiping other than their own and abandoning their religion, they submit to the supreme punishment of death!

Other verses stipulate this death penalty for the apostate or for one who blasphemes the name of the Lord.

“If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying, “Let us go and worship other gods” (gods that neither you nor your ancestors have known, 7 gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to the other), 8 do not yield to them or listen to them. Show them no pity. Do not spare them or shield them. 9 You must certainly put them to death. Your hand must be the first in putting them to death, and then the hands of all the people. 10 Stone them to death, because they tried to turn you away from the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery. 11 Then all Israel will hear and be afraid, and no one among you will do such an evil thing again.
” (Deuteronomy 13,6-11)

This passage specifies that if a person of your family (let us understand here the term “family” to designate the descendants of the 12 tribes of Israel) invites you to worship other gods, and asks you to apostasy just as that person did. apostasized, it is then necessary to have the death penalty applied (by stoning)

حكم المرتد في الاسلام - ذاكر نايك Dr Zakir Naik about killing murtad in islam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbsejG--znc

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

3-

Christians began to attack Islam from the first crusade and have not stopped. The Pope would tolerate no competition, hence the relentless pursuit
of the Crusades.

when western soldiers without exception were blessed before each mission preceding the bombardment of civilians by Christian priests who are on every western base in the world.
This situation and behavior of Christians is the real instigator and troublemaker against Christians across the Muslim world.

In Palestine,

Muslims have been killing children, women and men, and have occupied their country since 1947. Palestinian civilians are repressed with rubber bullets, stun grenades, beatings and attacks by Israeli soldiers

people and children live every day and much more

The United States provides Israel with more than $3.8 billion a year in military assistance, directly implicating the United States in Israeli crimes throughout occupied Palestine.

I heard no voice for your conscience and your morals

bomb Muslim countries.

the western countries occupying the countries of the world

And the seizure of the goods and resources of these countries

Then the media praise them and glorify their criminal image

Even major crimes are attributed to the victim and the perpetrator is left and even supported by misguided idiots

Jews and Christians commit these crimes and attribute them to Muslims to ignite the fire of war against Muslims

America plays with misguided fools like puppets many times And they believe in America

It is enough to accept the truth and become familiar with its evidence. It's not enough just a mood on your part
, but let's try to trace the truth back to you and hope that a passing Christian reader can catch this truth.

A sane person in the US Congress... is unbelievable
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddI2xl3T9fQ

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

4-

The three religions have remarkable differences in their attitudes towards divorce. Christianity abhors divorce altogether. The New Testament unequivocally advocates the indissolubility of marriage. It is attributed to Jesus to have said, "But I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for marital unfaithfulness, causes her to become adulteress, and anyone who marries the divorced woman commits adultery" (Matthew 5:32). This uncompromising ideal is, without a doubt, unrealistic. It assumes a state of moral perfection that human societies have never achieved. When a couple realizes that their married life is beyond repair, a ban on divorce will not do them any good. Forcing ill-mated couples to remain together against their wills is neither effective nor reasonable. No wonder the whole Christian world has been obliged to sanction divorce.

Judaism, on the other hand, allows divorce even without any cause. The Old Testament gives the husband the right to divorce his wife even if he just dislikes her:

“Marriage in Islam is a sanctified bond that should not be broken except for compelling reasons. Couples are instructed to pursue all possible remedies whenever their marriages are in danger. Divorce is not to be resorted to except when there is no other way out. In a nutshell, Islam recognizes divorce, yet it discourages it by all means. Islam does recognize the right of both partners to end their matrimonial relationship. Islam gives the husband the right for divorce. Moreover, Islam grants the wife the right to dissolve the marriage.”