• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

The Democratic Party is the Problem

gmase

Nattering Nabob of Negativism
Admittedly, I didn't know much about his history or really anything about him until you pointed this out. I just saw this clip and liked how he eviscerated that person who clearly wasn't fit for the job. I hate people who dodge questions like that, regardless of political affiliation.

After looking him up, yeah, he certainly has a lot of controversy. But after being chased down by the rioters (& ridiculed for it), maybe he'll back away from the extremist views?
Think of it as his good moment.

tvstrip

I changed my middle-name to Freeones
Think of it as his good moment.
Christie had Sandy, Rudy had 9/11, etc. It's important to remember most of these people did something noteworthy to get to where they are. Which makes is all the more sadder to see them shatter that legacy. "How the might have fallen..."

This hearing was just a couple months ago, so maybe it's sign he can still recover?

tvstrip

I'd say he scored some points with me here. Again, another person just trying to dodge the question. Even a very straightforward one.
Probably because if she gave the obvious answer (Yes, discrimination against Asian Americans is wrong), she knows her stated written opinion contradicts that, and Hawley is setting her up for that fall. Really a no-win situation for her, unless she takes the high road and admits she was wrong when she wrote that opinion.

It looks like his strong suit is hearings, which plays to his legal and AG experience. I don't know how he is when he's put on the stand, but sitting on the side of the questioner, he seems good.

Last edited:

gmase

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/...lly-to-blame-for-george-santoss-election/amp/

Bill Maher gets it right here.

Santos appealed to the [Dem’s] love of “victimhood” and “identity politics.” “Everybody keeps asking, ‘How could a guy like this get elected?’ I’ll tell you how: Because no one cares anymore about substance. It’s all tribalism. The only thing that matters is ‘Is he on our team? Is he doing our shtick?’”

Santos’ district is largely Democratic so he needed to appeal to them in order to win. Their candidate fell down by not checking out his resume. I would think that is box 1 on the campaign checklist.

D-rock

I'm too lazy to set a usertitle.
https://thehill.com/homenews/media/...lly-to-blame-for-george-santoss-election/amp/

Bill Maher gets it right here.

Santos appealed to the [Dem’s] love of “victimhood” and “identity politics.” “Everybody keeps asking, ‘How could a guy like this get elected?’ I’ll tell you how: Because no one cares anymore about substance. It’s all tribalism. The only thing that matters is ‘Is he on our team? Is he doing our shtick?’”

Santos’ district is largely Democratic so he needed to appeal to them in order to win. Their candidate fell down by not checking out his resume. I would think that is box 1 on the campaign checklist.
This statement contradicts itself when one considers Santos is a Republican. If it was just about "is he on our team" he wouldn't have won or had a chance at all.

A better conclusion going by Occam's razor is he just lied enough and was in a small enough political race people didn't check out his background close enough.

gmase

This statement contradicts itself when one considers Santos is a Republican. If it was just about "is he on our team" he wouldn't have won or had a chance at all.

A better conclusion going by Occam's razor is he just lied enough and was in a small enough political race people didn't check out his background close enough.
He is Republican who attracted Dems by appealing to them as 'gay' and 'colored'.

D-rock

I'm too lazy to set a usertitle.
He is Republican who attracted Dems by appealing to them as 'gay' and 'colored'.
While anybody can technically have any policy position those things are usually not divorced from said policy positions. It's quite reasonable for people that don't pay great attention to politics and just go about their day to expect somebody from marginalized groups to have more sympathy to the plight of those in said groups. They are not mutually exclusive factors in any realistic practical sense. It's even harder when a potential candidate is willing to lie to such a large degree about anything.

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/l-councilwoman-blames-toyota-catalytic-133800854.html

This is just..........un fucking believable! These types of attitudes towards crime, and criminals is a major part of this countries problems. If you look at places like chicago, atlanta, new york, and memphis, the amount of criminals that are walking through a revolving door. Even violent offenders are being released with little, to no bail. read the stories on Yahoo, many are repeat offenders out awaiting trial, when they commit an additional crime and get caught, It cost the mayor of chicago her seat, I can understand lightening things up for certain minor drug offences, but not theft, with or without a gun, unless you're taking a loaf of bread for your family, stealing is stealing. Now I know there is a big difference between pinching a car part, and putting a gun to a clerks head, and they shouldn't be punished the same, but to take blame and shift it like this woman did, is simply ridicules.

Mr. Daystar

A lot of important things are getting ignored or put on the back burner, so both sides can try and fuck each other harder. The bogus thing is, it's our assholes that suffer the trauma.

For a lack of a more tactful way to put it.

gmase

Mr. Daystar

Like I said. They're all dirty, they're all liars, they're all self serving.

And she looks like she used to be at home swinging on a brass pole.

NYRICAN21

Myth 1: Men want sex more than women
I've never ever voted for the GOP... My 1st time to vote was for Jimmy Carter do the math:ROFLMAO:.... Since Nixon started the crime of breaking into the WATERGATE... Most in office politicians will lie, cheat and steal to accommodate their insecurity as a pseudonymous responsible and sensible member of any governmental office in the USA... No one human can get away with their lying, cheating and stealing while in public office... NOT even #TRUMP can cover that up... Politicians are there to better serve the folks they represent... not their pocketbooks. People like Menedez. Santos, and others... Need to pay for their illegal acts against the nation while in public office...

tvstrip

It's not a good look when one of your sitting Senators and his wife are indicted for bribery, when your party is harping on the crimes of the opposing party. During a search of their home, federal agents found nearly $500k of cash and $100k of gold bars.

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/...-u-s-sen-bob-menendez-and-wife-today-00117590
https://www.politico.com/news/2023/09/22/new-jersey-democrats-menendez-indictment-00117693

Nice boobs, but bring two bags ...
View attachment 1086124
Maybe we need to call in a certain member of this board who thinks that only the GOP is capable of lying and cheating...